Include an indicator that shows that Spell Check is actually enabled, in the Text menu bar

I could not understand why spell check was so unpredictable when trying different methods of producing the red underline, in conjunction with Text > Spell Check > Check Spelling.

Turns out it’s a mode that is toggled on/off each time Text > Spell Check > Check Spelling is chosen, as opposed to running the process on a layer (which I thought was strange so thankfully it’s not that).

If you go through the left “F” menu (not sure what it’s called), there is Text > Spell check > Check spelling*. Or if through the ‘Quick actions’ search, it can be enabled/disabled – both include an indicator.

But there is no indicator in the Text menu bar. I now know, but this should be unified so no one else struggles with it.

*Note that there’s both title case and mixed case across the instances of these menu items (Spell check, Spell Check, etc).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.