I can't export selection

Before that, I can export any selection, but now I couldn’t select any type of file to export.

Hi @Truc_Vo ,
In your screenshot, you are saving the file, and not exporting the file.

If you would like to export the entire FigJam board as an image.

1. Click in the top toolbar.
  2. Go to File > Export as.
  3. Select a file type. If exporting as PNG or JPG, select a Background style.
  4. Click Export.

For more information to export in Figjam, you can check our Help Center article: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407699832855-Export-your-FigJam-board?source=search#Export_selection

Hope it helps!

Hi Celine,
I did as your guide, but it doesn’t work. I replied u via email, can you check it, I have attached an video for more detail.

Thank you for replying back. I can’t see your message in my inbox on my end. Please make sure to go in my profile, and on the top right, click on “Message” button (see above)

• Can you clarify if your issue happens on Desktop app, browser or both?
  • Does it happens in this particular file or any files?
  • Are you on Mac or Window? (please also check Figma browser and desktop requirements here)

You can also share your video (and a copy of your file if you can) in this topic, so the community can troubleshoot here. Thank you!

EDIT: I misread your message. If you only need to save a portion of your board, you can export a selection.

1. Select the items on the board you want to export.
  2. Right-click your selection, click Export selection.
  3. Select a file type. If exporting as PNG or JPG, select a Background style.
  4. Click Export.

Let me know if it helps!

Hi Celine,
I couldn’t find the way to get in your profile.
But anyway, I realized that the issue happens on Desktop app only. I’m using Window.

Hi @Truc_Vo ,
Thank you for the details! Glad to hear that it works on the browser!

On Desktop, you can clear the desktop app cache on Windows under the toggle-arrow at the right of the top toolbar under Help > Troubleshooting. If you’d prefer to manually clear your cache you can:

1. Close the Figma desktop app
  2. Open the Start menu, and paste in this, followed by enter: %APPDATA%\Figma
  3. In the window that opens, delete the Desktop and DesktopProfile folders if they exist
  4. Launch the desktop app again

Please also make sure you are using the latest app. You can uninstall and reinstall it. Here the steps: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/5601429983767#Download_the_Figma_desktop_app

If this doesn’t help, please reach out to the support team so they can investigate further (and recall the differents steps you did): here

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.