How to turn off variable extraction from another design?

When copying a design from another file with applied variables, Figma adds the variables to my file. And sometimes my created variables are missing.

Hi @Shahab_Uddin_Khan, Thank you for contacting us regarding copy and past variables. I see that you need to disable this feature in order to keep existing local variables intact.

I have looked into this, but I couldn’t find an option to disable it. Therefore, I have reached out internally to see if we can help you turn off this feature. I will be sure to update you as soon as I have any information on this.

You can check the details about pasting variables here: Paste unpublished variables across files

Please let us know if I misunderstood anything.
We also appreciate any insights or suggestions from other members of the community!

Thanks,

Hello @Shahab_Uddin_Khan, After consulting with our internal team, the best way to ensure that variables do not get localized is to publish them. Anyone on a paid plan with editing access can publish a library.

For more details, please refer to the article Who can publish styles, components, and variables? in this link: Publish a library

You can also find the steps for publishing individual variables in this section: Publish individual styles, components, or variables

I hope this clarifies things for you!