How to find missing main components and variants

If you delete a main component or variant, an instance of it in the document will remain, but the only way to find it is to select it and see the “Restore Component” or “Missing variant” in the right panel.

Is there any way to list or explore the main component or its instances that are lost throughout the document or page?

I am the developer of the Figma Plugin, so any method utilizing the Figma API would be fine.

Thank you in advance.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

12 Likes

If you succeed in making a plugin that finds missing main components and missing variants you would be awesome!

I would also like this. And/or some way to find component instances that reference a component library in another file—having some trouble migrating to a new design system.

1 Like

Me too! A plug-in that did this would be a big help.

I think it’s feature that we can put up to Vote for Figma to add if you agree

1 Like

This would be extremely useful. We have a very large component library and it’s very hard to find and update instances of a component we need to retire.

As I had the same Issue I just recently build a Plugin that finds missing Components & Variants in a File. Hope it helps:

2 Likes