How to center an "hug" group with icon+text in a component and make it react to padding?

So I try to design a Snackbar component :

• It’s supposed to have left and right padding
  • In the middle of the component there is an auto-layout group with an icon and a text.
  • The text and the label are “Hug”

Problem is when I resize the component the text don’t react to the padding since it is hug.
If I set the text as “fill”, the group will be aligned to the left of the component since the text will fill all the empty space.

What can I do ?

Not sure if this helps, but a way around this for me is to create a button (or element) with 2 variants “center” and “truncate”. Then I can quickly toggle the layout from an button instance as needed.

• Center: Set to “hug”, which keeps them centered, but ignores left-right padding
  • Truncate: Set to “fill” (with truncate turned on for text) and obey left-right padding

Get the File

Hello Nate, thank for your quick response !
So you confirm that theres is no solution that work for both case on ?
Indeed in that case, a truncate variant is the only solution (I wanted to avoid that because it is for a design system that won’t be used by myself)

There may be some way to use min-max width, but I haven’t found a way yet to support both a hug/fill at the same time.