How do I make the dropdown display over other components?

Hello, newbie here

I am making a table with a dropdown option on one cell on each row but the other rows seem to overlap with the dropdown box, making the dropdown hidden behind the other rows. Please help! thank you!

I have the same issue. Please share if you have found any solution. Thanks

1 Like

I have the same exact issue and can’t seem to find a solution. As a customer, I’m extremely disappointed with this.

Hi @mungbean
I’m assuming that your are using an auto-layout frame to vertically space the row of your table. If you select this frame, on the right panel, auto-layout section you may click on the context menu, and then change the Canvas stacking for “First on top” (as shown below) so your dropdown will always be above the one below

If you are not using an auto-layout frame, well I suggest you do, then just change the order of your element on the left panel, so the line at the top of the table, is placed at the top of the layer panel

3 Likes

Hi @Haroll this doesn’t work.

Hi @Blair_Siegler, can you elaborate on what’s your problem?

The menu dropdown always displays behind the other items in the frame. Canvas stacking and moving the layers does not change this behavior. Basically there is no way to get this menu to open in front of other objects on the page. You can see in the screen shot that the dropdown under “SKU” (which contains “Phoenix Baker”) shows up behind the other elements on this frame. Let me know what you think @Haroll, this has been keeping me up for days lol

Ok, from my understanding of your design : it looks like you’ve got an horizontal auto layout with all your selects inside :

There is a frame containing on the left : a title and a description, and on the right the auto-layout aforementioned.

And this particular element can be found 3 other time (Concession Setter, Description and Concessions). I’d say these elements are inside a vertical auto layout and it’s this one which need to be set to First on top as shown below, I named this auto layout “top container” and I change its canvas stacking, so you can see the outcome before (on left) and after change (on right)

2 Likes