Feature request: Page Branch

Would be very useful to have an option to create a branch from a page. I am working on a DS and having separate branches for pages/components would be very useful.

4 Likes

This is something I would love to see! I have Branches for different components and whenever the Main file changes I have to update everything and it takes forever! I believe that branching a page could be closer to what code does! :slight_smile:

I also would like to use page branches, as my files are split product-wise, and pages are feature-wise. So it’d be faster to load one page instead of the whole enormous file. Plus, sometimes I see the “File out of memory” error while merging branches. Smaller branches = smaller memory use, and I could safely update features without fearing that my changes fill up the 2gb RAM restriction

Great idea. I would love to see that. And it definitely makes a lot more sense

I like this idea, although I think it may be better to be able to branch a component, so you can contain your work to just a single component, once it is ready merge back in and publish.

I’d love to have an ability to create a branch for a single page only. That way for bigger projects it wouldn’t take so long to load when creating the branch for all 50+ pages when all I need is just some edits done safely in one.

I’m currently doing a sort of a workaround where I create a new branch and quickly deleting all the other pages i don’t need using a plugin. But ofcourse I can’t merge such file…so I’m left with copy-pasting back to the source file when I’m done with edits.

Also one of the pros of having a single-page branches is that we use custom covers for source project but when switching to branch in dashboard you can quickly see what’s inside that branch. This gives a very nice overview of what’s inside.

I’m thinking something like right-click on the page in the left page sidebad could have “Create branch for page” link that does that.

1 Like