Export Layout Grid in PDF

Hi all,

I may be missing something really simple but I’m looking to include layout grids when I export to a PDF. Right not the UI shows but no underlying layout grids, is this an option?

1 Like

You need to use a plugin that will turn your layout grid into rectangles which will be visible on export. This plugins is Layout Grid Visualizer by @Tom_Lowry:

2 Likes

The only problem with that plugin is that it doesn’t work for baseline grids/grids set to auto 🥲

That plugin does not work. Can’t believe I spent all that time making these things perfect ofr handoff only to not be able to export them.

Developers can inspect layout grids right in Figma, there is no need to export them.

Sometimes it is necessary to show UI elements to the customer exactly in the layout grid, so the ability to include the grid in the export is very necessary.

1 Like

That’s why there is a plugin above for these rare scenarios.

Unfortunately, this plugin does not work.

1 Like

Works fine for me. Try reaching out to the plugin developer and tell them what specifically is not working for you.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for recommending that Gled plugin, it helped me a lot, it worked well for me, I had to adjust the color and percentages a little but it looks perfectly in my PDF.

1 Like

The plugin works, unless you choose “Auto” in Count (=

1 Like