Expiring user permissions/access on a file

Helloo!

Working in a designer web agency, i’ve found it useful to share my files with clients – but this is sometimes a double edged sword and can hit us in the back with untimely feedback/unexpected feedback, which can set us back timeline wise as clients put feedback in last minute. We’ve also found that when they’ve had access, the client has come across half baked ideas and became confused about what’s included in the project and what isn’t, and what’s just an idea.

I’d like to propose an idea where an admin of an organisation can add a user, where their access will be revoked at a certain ‘date, time, etc.’ This way, clients can be set in a timeline where they can get all of their feedback and comments in, before they have their feedback revoked. I feel this would be a useful feature to automate removing access from clients at times, and to avoid making ‘client only’ files to hide certain designs from their eyes.

I’ve attached a really rough mockup below:

Share project modal

Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help with this issue?

Would love to hear back
Thanks,

4 Likes

I second this idea! Also extend it to prototype as well so the prototype link will expire after a configurable period. This also helps with IP if we are testing potential product features to clients and want to continue working on the same file but revoke access after the testing (revoke email invite doesn’t work if they have or have used a sharable link; currently access via sharable link is unpreventable once the link is out).

I was just discussing this within our design team. It’s great to share progress and let the client see what’s going on in the project. But, when they’ve discovered the comment feature a unlimited stream of feedback, new ideas etc are coming in.

Would be great to have a ‘view’ and ‘feedback’ mode. So you can just give client a view mode so they can see all what’s going on. And than switch it to feedback mode so they can comment etc. In that way you can let the client know from when till when they can give feedback.

+1 this. Another idea would be to also expiry prototype links or change access from public to org after time period.

+1 Would be a great feature no doubt

+1. Co-worker asked me about this, and it might be a good thing to include so at least we can automate providing access only when users need it. Might even help solve the issue people have with unneeded seats being billed to them :sweat_smile: