Experiencing spell check bugs

There is a bug with the spell check. Everything I write is detected as miss-spelled. For example, even words like “check” and “start” are marked as miss-spelled. Can someone please help me to fix this because it’s very distracting

Make sure you select the appropriate language for spell checking. If you have one language selected, but your text object is written in another language, then Figma will highlight it as a spelling error.

Hey! I apologise for jumping in, but I am having the same issue. I checked the spell check and language settings and it won’t let me choose English. Admittedly, I live in France, but my windows language is set to English as is Figma app language. Only French is available in the spell check. This was not the case in December. How can I turn it back?

Hi there, Thanks for reaching out!

Risa_Pizza: You can check the details here: Create and edit text | spell-check
I think this is the current version of the link tank666 shared before - Thanks tank666!
Hope it helps! Let me know if there’s anything else I might have overlooked.

Alesandra_Blakeston: I see your ticket (#901128) about this behavior in our backend and confirmed our internal team has been working on it.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Thank you,