Expand/Horizontal scroll and sort the layers/libraries panel

Issue: too many child frames leads to incomplete frame name in the frame branch panel on the left side. Resizing the panel isn’t an accessible way to solve it.

Suggestion: it’s easy to handle it that adding a horizontal scroll bar in the panel.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks a lot and I’ve voted it.

Excuse me, how can I delete this topic published by myself?

This would be fantastic!

• Make it scrollable horizontally
  • Always show the buttons at the far-end of the layer name (lock and hide icons)
  • Make the panel expand to a wider size
  • While hovering on the layer’s name, a tooltip reveals the full name

Anything from this list would be greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

:+1:

Any news on this topic? :slight_smile:

Nope, Figma devs are ghosting us

Updated the userscript based on Expand/Horizontal scroll the layers/libraries panel - #54 by aolko

Drawbacks:

• Layer actions are now all the way to the right

When there are too many groups, the default width is not enough to display the layers!

1 Like

This is absolutely necessary.

2 Likes

:pray: Pretty please! Auto-layout and component architecture is making nesting more and more extreme. My artboard area is becoming smaller because I need to see the full names of my layers.

1 Like

I agree with the comment above that autolayout has compounded this issue. Please provide a horizontal scroll on the layers panel.

This topic is now a year old. It can’t be that difficult to fix and can be a significant blocker for doing our work (not to mention, a poor user experience). Please, please @Figma_Support – we need this fixed in a maintenance release.

2 Likes

Vote for this

2 Likes

Voted. It’s definitely more of an issue when relying heavily on Auto Layout.

1 Like

This needs to be done ASAP, makes the app literally unusable

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 7.35.39 PM
Can’t agree more

1 Like

Hi

I would really improve the experience if it was possible to scroll horizontally in the layers panel. With frames and groups within other frames, the layers panel cuts off the underneath layers because of showing the hierarchy (which is nice!).
I then have to resize the layers panel to click the right layer leaving the canvas with minimum space.

Anyone else who needs this?

/Pernille

1 Like

Can’t agree more
Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 7.35.39 PM

It would be nice to have these couple of features added:

1. Horizontal Scroll in layers panel: When there are a lot of nested layers, it becomes tedious and impossible to hide/unhide them.
  2. Bulk Hiding/Unhiding layers: Allowing a user to select multiple layers to hide or unhide them all at once.