*EASY FIX* Figma app Installation has failed (Windows)

Hey all,

I just found a fix for this issue 'installation has failed- there was an error while installing the application. Check the setup log for more information and contact the author."

I was struggling to fix this error for a while so I’m hoping this information is helpful to others who are struggling with this.

Here’s the scoop (this is only for windows users):

• go to the run prompt. (Windows key + R)

• Type %localappdata% and press OK

• Find the Figma folder and delete it

• Go to the run prompt. (Windows key + R)

• Type %appdata% and press OK

• Find the Figma folder and delete it

• Empty your recycle bin and restart PC

• Download the Figma desktop app and run as administrator.

Your done! This worked for me. Let me know if it works for you all.

2 Likes

I’m facing a similar error. Below is the error that I’m getting in log. Kindly help to solve this.

2022-06-28 18:38:40> Unhandled exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: ‘System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’
at Squirrel.Update.Program.executeCommandLine(String args)
at Squirrel.Update.Program.main(String args)

Assembly manager loaded from: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Running under executable C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp\Update.exe
— A detailed error log follows.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Users/USER/AppData/Local/SquirrelTemp/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35.

LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: No application configuration file found.
LOG: Using host configuration file:
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: The same bind was seen before, and was failed with hr = 0x80070002.

Hey Julie,
Have you tried using the method above? did it work?

tried this but there was no figma folder so, I still don’t understand why it’s not working.

tried this but there was no figma folder so, I still don’t understand why it’s not working.

Thanks for sharing! It works here like a charm

@Benxoft
If that method does not work, use this method because it worked for me.
In the same “C:\Users\Jayden\AppData\Local” directory where “Jayden” is your username directory, there will probably be a folder named “squirrel temp” or squirrel something. Delete that folder, refresh the file explorer, and try downloading the Figma app again. It worked for me when I did it. Hope this helps other people too.

Hi, sooo I faced the same problem when trying to install the latest Figma version. I tried all of the solutions on this thread, but none working. Is it related with the outdated windows on my PC?

@Jejen_Alimudin I had the same issue and the solutions above although worked on other users but not mine. What i did was search “Figma” on the file explorer, then deleted every Figma file that i can delete, it solved my problem. I think the issue was it can’t install the app since you already have the file in the same directory. hope this helps.

A post was split to a new topic: Trouble installing on Windows