Draft file suddenly missing

An important file from my Drafts suddenly went missing. I have a Starter account and I heard there have been some changes for this type of account, but almost all my draft files are still there, only this specific one is missing and it is an important project.
Can you please help me recover it?

Hey there, welcome to the community!

Is there any chance that you have a space called “Drafts to move’? It is possible that your file is still waiting to be moved in a specific team. If not, can you double check your draft in your team (each team has their own draft section). More information on this topic:

To cover some grounds, please also check if:

• The file is in your deleted folder (Open your drafts > click the deleted page). If so, right-click the file to restore it
  • The file may have been moved by a teammate who was also on that file
  • You’re logged into a Figma account that should have access to this file. You can switch accounts via the top-right and top-left corners of the file browser.

If you can’t still find it, please let me know. With a link of your file, our support team can track it down to locate your file in our system. (You can find your link in the browser history for example) I can follow up a support ticket on your behalf to the support team.

Hello and thank you for your answer!

I have covered all that you suggested. I do not have a “Drafts to move” folder, neither on my desktop app, nor in the browser. The file is also not in the “deleted” tab and nobody is working on this account besides me.

I have, however, noticed something else that is a bit strange. I also have another project, let’s call it “Project B” that I cannot find in my drafts, nor in my team library, but I can find it on Search and on the “Recents” folder, so it is somewhere, it exists. However, the missing project, let’s call it “Project A”, I cannot find it nor on Search, nor in Recents.

Can you please further help me? Thanks

Thanks for checking these workarounds! Hmm it’s hard to know the root cause without investigating the location of the file.
It would be great to have the link of your file and/or projects so the support team can try to locate where they are. I have just send you a message via email ioanaxxxxxxxxu@vxxxo ( ticket #1102428). Please check your inbox and share in that conversation via email the links of your file. Our support team will reach out soon and investigate. Thank you!

Hi Celine, I’m facing the same issue. I’ve already checked the checkpoints but couldn’t find the file. Can you assist in investigating this problem?

Hey @Deanise_Laxamana , I’ve just escalated your support ticket in our backend. Thanks for your patience :pray:

Hello @Celine_Figma, I’m facing the same issue I think.
All my drafts are gone. My account where these drafts were created is a corporate account. In my admin’s account, in the “Drafts to move” section, there are no drafts I am looking for. I don’t have a section “Drafts to move”. There are also no projects in the deleted ones, and I can’t find them by name in the search either.
Also, I don’t know if this will help, but as far as I remember it happened when I updated Figma, maybe my problem is related to that.
I really need your help.

Hi there! Sorry to hear this is also happening to you.
As mentioned, please also check if you’re logged into a Figma account that should have access to this file. You can switch accounts via the top-right and top-left corners of the file browser.
Also, as mentioned, the file may have been moved by a teammate who was also on that file.

I saw in the backend that you have already filled out a ticket. The support team will reply you soon, thanks for your patience :pray: