Creating gradients based on color styles

Yes please add this feature! This is literally a flaw in an otherwise well designed system.

This is one of the most needed features at the moment. It’s hard to believe you added so many nice features like variables support (great!) but there is still no basic thing like this.

Hi, I’m hoping there is a quick solution to this as it seems like a basic requirement. I’ve built a custom gradient and want to save it to my library, Is there a button somewhere that I can press (next to the gradient) allowing me to do this?

Generally the UI seems pretty good but this is a glaring omission IMO!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi all,

I am new to Figma but I have a question is it possible to creating gradients based on colour styles, so no is it an idea to create this?

1 Like

You cannot do it with variables, but definitely can with some layers instead.

I don’t know what you mean by this.
We want to use color styles as the stops in a gradient. It would be invaluable.
Creating gradients based on color stylesShare an idea

77 votes

Aug 2022 - Is there any way to use a “Color Style” in a gradient? I know I can make a “Color Style” that is a gradient, but I want to create a solid color that can be used both in solid fills and gradient fills.

Creating gradients based on colour stylesShare an idea

0 votes

5d - Hi all, I am new to Figma but I have a question is it possible to creating gradients based on colour styles, so no is it an idea to create this?

Create gradients based on color stylesShare an idea

1 vote

Dec 2021 - Need: Figma doesn’t allow to use of color styles for gradients. this is very non-scalable and creates issues when the user wants to bulk change the color of gradients. Proposal: Give an option to c…

Why won’t gradients created as color styles show up in files?Ask the communityJun 2022 - I’ve created a set of color styles in my library, including gradients, but only the solid fill colors appear as selectable in the style menu in any file that has the library linked. The gradients a…

How can I use color styles in gradients?Ask the communityMar 2022 - Is there any way to use a “Color Style” in a gradient? I know I can make a “Color Style” that is a gradient, but I want to create a solid color that can be used both in solid fills and gradient fills.

@nikolasklein Please help us get this back on the roadmap for discussions. Gradients are so important to the definition of style guides these days.

4 Likes

Yes I hope this comes into Figma as soon as possible as I work a lot with gradients, and I think this is an important part as gradients is also very beautiful and trending in designs

1 Like

We need this feature as a community

1 Like