Copy properties does not work

I am using Figma on Windows and the copy properties function does not do anything. I have tried CTRL+ALT+C and also selecting with right-click > copy properties and neither of them work. Nothing happens, it does not even paste without properties.

7 Likes

aparently you can copy things like flll, strokes and effects but no x, y position or w,h size

1 Like

I’m having the same problem on a Macbook. Has this been resolved? Does anyone have a recommendation?

2 Likes

also having this issue, very very very annoying. Works fine when I right click. tried adding a custom shortcut, and changing the keyboard input. No luck.

1 Like

Close the figma application … Open it again annnnnd … It works … Try it

3 Likes

Having the same issue :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Disabling the Spectacle app fixed the issue for me !

2 Likes

Thanks loads. Disabling Spectacle worked for me as well. Apparently the same short key applies to both apps .

1 Like

I have the same problem - I could copy properties but when I renewed my Windows from 10 to 11 it broken…Do someone know how to fix it?

If you are using it for the very first time it seems the browser needs to approve the copy and pasting to it’s clipboard first by the Figma App.
So you might get a prompt from the browser - I did.
Then I closed and opened the design file again and it worked

1 Like

thanks u just helped me

Thank you, @farhan_shauket! Closing/re-opening the application worked. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1: good to know

Still getting this issue…any solution guys

It worked for me. Thank you!

Thanks Buddy!..It worked for me…

wow power nya

I discovered that for my situation it’s because I didn’t have edit permissions for the Figma file.