1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this
I have a few different community projects that I’ve published. They’ve become more popular than I expected, and they receive dozens of duplications per day.
The notifications we receive related to published community libraries, while fairly unobtrusive, are a bit annoying as many of us don’t care to be notified each time a duplication has occurred. Additionally, notifications about comments or follows are easily buried under a mountain of notifications about duplications and likes. We would like settings to be provided so we can disable different types of community notifications.
2. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)
Here are the red dot alerts I’m referring to. The display of this dot should be based on configuration for what types of notifications to show. I would show other screenshots but I’m only allowed to add one.
3. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation
- Does anyone else experience this? Would anyone else like to be able to disable these notifications?
- Has anyone found settings that may already exist and I just don’t know where they are?