Can't Login on desktop app

I’m new on figma, I’ve used like two times figma on my web explorer and then I download the desktop app, I started the application, it says I need to login on my explorer

all normal it opens the page then i make a click on open desktop app (because I’ve login on my browser) but there’s nothing happened make a click again but nothing, I’ve attempted 6 times but nothing

Then like 3 or 4 minutes it says this

Device specifications:
Windows 10 home Single Language last update installed: Windows 10 20H2 KB4023057
Processor: Intel core i5
Arquitecture: x64
Ram: 8GB
Windows Language: Es-MX
Browser: Edge (Even I’ve tested with another browser (Chrome) and it’s the same)
Hope someone can help me

2 Likes

I have the same problem, also on Windows.

Did you find a solution?

2 Likes

I have the same problem :frowning:
Did you find a solution?

1 Like

Hello, I been trying several times to login to Figma desktop but the browser tab it doesn’t show and I dont know why. What could be the problem?

3 Likes

Yes I find something, For some reason, I wait just a little and install and uninstall figma and it works! I don’t know why but, that works to me, I don’t know if it’s the real solution, but I remember I made it when I had the problem. Hope It works!

2 Likes

It doesn’t work on the desktop. Issues with logging in. Disappointed. Don’t use anymore.

2 Likes

same here. I can login into desktop. I’ve tried to uninstall but nothing happen. Please fix this, i need to use it asap. thankyou

1 Like

the same problem arises with me!
Desktop application does not show anything in saved projects but works in browser.
how to solve this issue?
help plzzzzzzzz!!!

2 Likes

Hi there facing the same issue over here on windows. Any remedy or solutions currently.

try using different browser. I had the same problem. I changed my default browser to microsoft edge and completed the login.

9 Likes

Thank’s, it worked!

Thanks Bro, its work for me, you just change the default browser to edge, then login and voilaa …

1 Like

The desktop app is Electron, it’s more than capable of hosting a login flow. Requiring an external browser is kludgy and lazy Figma.

4 Likes

Same here hahaha, please figma read it and please fix it

Cause I can’t use figma desktop and I’m not used to using figma in the browser

Same. I don’t like using the browser because it is laggy and the zoom doesn’t work properly. But the desktop app is giving me a real headache logging in and also loading my file. Takes forever and it doesn’t load.

Tried deleting the app and downloading it again. Tried logging in using a different browser. Chrome, edge. Mozilla don’t allow me to open because it’s unsafe, or has some missing certificate. Tried signing in using different account. Tried creating a new account. Nothing seems to work.

Why do they need to link it to browser to authenticate?

1 Like

I had similar problem but on Mac. What helped was clearing the cache, as described here:

The exact command I used before restarting Figma:

rm -rf "$HOME/Library/Application Support/Figma/"{Desktop,DesktopProfile}

Maybe it will help in your case too?

2 Likes

thank you… it works ! I change my default browser to edge … and that solve the issue

Thanks for all the suggestions. I set my default browser to Safari and it worked.

hi every one
I ran the program using administrator and the login problem was fixed.

If anyone solves the problem with this method, please let me know. Thanks

2 Likes

Launching desktop app as administrator solved my problem. Using Chrome as default browser.