Can't copy as PNG

1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?
I can copy small parts of my userflow made in figma, but I can’t copy the whole diagram, that’s quite frustrating

2. Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so what are the steps?
I don’t think so, it worked perfectly until I changed some colors

3. Share a screenshot, recording, console log, link to the file, etc.
https://www.figma.com/file/SX9LknacdIBSMIPvnpWYrg/Userflow---UX%2FUI?node-id=0%3A1

4. Is the issue only happening in desktop app or a specific browser , or both?
Google chrome browser

5. What OS/version and/or browser/version are you using?
The latest version of both window 10 and google chrome

6 Likes

Not working in Firefox 88, Mac OS Big Sur 11.3.1.

Working in Chrome 90, Mac OS Big Sur 11.3.1.

1 Like

I have the same problem! Is it solved yet?

Same issue, seemed to work once then stopped with no error. This feature would be nice to fix but also would be nice to have a lot more export options.

1 Like

COPY as PNG still not working on Firefox 90. Using Big Sur 11.5 on M1 here. That made me switch my entire workflow to Chrome :frowning:

I had the same issue today on Chrome, I’m running Big Sur 11.4
Fix: I opened my Figma project on Safari and it worked flawlessly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have the same problem with Windows 10 OS. Copy as PNG operation lost in Figma app and any browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) both.
All software versions are the latest.
Re-install, change browser or OS doesn’t help. I can’t copy any items shared with me. My colleagues with the same access can but I’m not.
Please help.

2 Likes

I have a co-worker reporting the same issue. The “copy as PNG” option is simply missing from their context menu. Tried in the desktop app (Windows 10), tried in Chrome. No luck.

Hi, I have the same problem, the Copy as SVG and Copy as PNG options are missing. Windows 10, Firefox 91.0.2.

Hi! Unfortunately, in Firefox, to get access to Copy as PNG you’ll have to set dom.events.asyncClipboard.clipboardItem to true by navigating to about:config.

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 1.52.39 PM

3 Likes

For me, the option to COPY AS PNG is available and works if I only select a small number of items. But if I select the entire flow it does nothing. Is there a size limit or something? Export doesn’t work either because it will only export one item from the group that are selected. Weird.

Works perfectly, thanks :slight_smile: This should be built into figma onboarding

Hej.
This solution for me fixed the same problem on Firefox at PopOS!.

Thanks.

@Pasiii how exactly did you fix this? I have the same issue on chrome on Mac. It seems you have a solutions but I don’t know what It is lol (what’s PopOS etc)

I’m trying to copy a section as PNG so I can paste it into another file as a clipping. This does not work at all. MacOS Monterey using Figma desktop app.

Steps:

1. Select a Figma section in a file
  2. Copy as PNG
  3. Go to separate Figma file
  4. Paste
  5. no PNG, just the full section and all of its layers copied over

Are there limitations Figma is not describing to us, or is this just buggy?
I can do a screenshot using Mac commands but I’d prefer the Figma feature to actually work as it suggests it should.

I created my user flows using Figjam and could not copy the entire flow as PNG. This is what I did after, I selected the entire flow and exported it as PNG with no background and it works perfectly.

I am no longer able to copy images from Figma as png. I can export, but the basic copy command is no longer working.

just ran into the same problem / reason was switching from chrome to firefox

this is actually an old problem.