Figma Support Forum

Better plugin window management (fixed sidebar, multiple windows, etc.)

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this
I can open 1 plugin at time, the plugins are located only in plugin section. I don’t have any possibility to add plugin to UI (exp. sidebar). Also plugin windows can be opened only in Figma webview window.

2. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)
example of sidebar for plugins

3. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation
Does anyone else have same problems?

5 Likes

Can you explain what you mean by this?

This image should describe everything.
Simply speaking, when you start a plugin you can move it only around window of the Figma Desktop app.

Also I can’t launch more than 1 plugin at time.

2 Likes

Great thanks for sharing! I just updated the title of this post to make it a little clearer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would love to have this implemented.

Example: It is easier to actually go to Unsplash Website and download images than
Clicking on Figma Logo-> Plugins->Unsplash->(wait loading)->Use plugin.

Having easy access could help a lot!

3 Likes

Yes please, this is an essential part of the workflow that make me think about going back to Xd - personalizing the toolkit UI. There are many features that are missing in Figma that are masterfully fixed by the plugin community. Please do fix this <3

1 Like

I feel like plugin windows are often placed in the middle of the screen and I don’t really know what to do with them and they get in the way of my work. I feel the need to have to move them to another screen to work together with them.

If this is not possible, it occurs to me that it is created as a section sharing with Layers / Assets / Plugins.

This is what happens now:

This is what I would like it to do:

Absolutely necessary feature:

Run plugin in external window.

It would be nice to have possibility to run plugin in external window, so you can move it to the second monitor.

Absolutely necessary feature:

Run several plugins at once.

It would be nice to have possibility to run several plugins simultaneously.

Continuing with the idea of our colleague RG_man, I propose a way to implement it in the platform: