Auto Layout shortcuts

new auto layout is awesome. But not having shortcut for it setting make me sad.

really miss shortcut for direction, aligment and padding and resizing option

Please make it

4 Likes

Same issue here, please Figma fix this issue :pleading_face:

Are there any updates or plugins for this?

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this
  • Often I am creating auto layout groups with the full width, space between settings, and centered vertically. I would love for there to be a keyboard shortcut for these so I can do everything from grouping to autolayout to arranging without having to use the sidebar
1 Like

+1

Shortcuts are key to a great workflow (Pun intended)

1 Like

A lot of designers use keyboard shortcuts to increase their designing speed. but when it comes to auto layout the speed decreases significantly since you have to use your mouse.
It would be awesome if there was shortcuts for auto layout Direction, Alignment and Resizing Options.

Currently free Alignment shortcuts are Alt+WASD, I Suggest Alt+Shift+WASD for auto layout alignment

what are other ideas?

1 Like

I’d love to see shortcuts for hugging contents, filling container, etc. And: once we have those, give us another trigger that will propagate something like “fill container” all the way down (or up in upside down figma land?) to all the frames from the selected one. Fiddling with these controls is one of the slowest aspects of Figma. :wink:

1 Like

BTW I found a simple shortcut (not keyboard) for content hug it may be useful,
:zap: you can double-click on border of a fixed auto-layout to set the resizing to Hug Content.

1 Like

Thanks, @Alireza_Rahmani for sharing this. I am shifted to Figma from XD recently and sometimes auto-layout give me so much struggle. But this small trick will save lots of time in the future :hugs: :clap:

1 Like

Shortcut for changing the direction of the auto layout between vertical and horizontal would be awesome

3 Likes

If you double, click on an auto layout element it will switch to hug the content of that element if you double click while holding option it will make that element switch to fill the auto layout container.

Yeah i use that a lot, but it does not work if you select multiple frames…