Allow Hover AND Click together

In my mind the solution is add an option to the open overlay settings where the overlay isn’t modal. Where it allows you to interact with elements behind the overlay. Elements in the overlay itself with clicks / hovers etc would of course get priority (like how that normally works in Figma.

On general in UI’s with modal dialogs you can’t click on elements in the background. But tooltips aren’t modal, you can still click on other elements on a page.

(All the workarounds with the variants have the downside that it’s hard to enforce the tooltip to always be on top)

How in god’s name has this issue been open since 2021? It isn’t a feature request, it’s a bug report. This is really fundamental functionality.

3 Likes

You can also use a boolean variable to toggle the visibility of a tooltip on mouse enter and leave. This works fine together with a click interaction as long as the tooltip is already absolutely positioned inside the component/variant.

1 Like

So at the amount we can either for examples make a component either hover or click. Why can’t we have the ability to do both I aka hover so it shows hover. Then I click and it changes to click and move

1 Like

The component indeed can’t have both but the instance can have the click event in addition to the hover which is controlled by the component.

If you would like to have all within the main component you could maybe use the “mouse up” respectively “touch up” trigger as a workaround on your hover state.

Btw, there already is such a feature request you can vote on: