Allow Figma Slides to export as .ppt or Google Slides

Figma slides is great! One thing that our team has been missing since we’ve been using it is an option to export to .ppt. Our team works a lot on decks for external clients and we would love to use Figma Slides to do that.

13 Likes

Hey @Campbell_Briggs, thanks for the feedback!

We’ll pass this onto our Slides team for future consideration.

8 Likes

Slides is a game-changer for designers! Thank you, Figma :pray:

However, we’re an agency of 30+ designers creating presentations regularly. Most clients want their presentations delivered in PowerPoint or Google Slides as they are free tools with MS Office or Google Workspace.

There are a few plugins available (free and paid) for this right now that we use, but it would amazing for this to be a native Figma feature (Pitch Deck Pro plugin pricing is outrageous for larger teams)

20 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Figma Slides - Add Ability to import Google Sheets, add charts, and import CVS

This tool is amazing! A crucial update needed is the ability for Figma Slides to export as .ppt and Google Slides while keeping everything, from text to graphic assets, editable. Ensuring that Figma Slides designs are exported and imported verbatim into both apps, maintaining the editability of vector graphics, is essential.

It would also be great to have the ability to export Google Slides as MP4s for video editing.

2 Likes

Agree with this one - as great as Figma Slides is, it’s a dealbreaker if there’s no ability to export the presentation as a .ppt

1 Like

Most definitely, i really like Figma and i think using the slides for video animations or educational videos will be the only reason I get it.

Yes please, all the non-internet/digital engineers use ppt

Hi Figma team,

I’m super grateful for your idea to extend Figma with slides. It works amazing.
However we have a lot of use cases where clients / partners want our slides in powerpoint format. As of now there is no option to do that and I can’t find an extension in the community that can do this.

Would be very nice if you could add this to your roadmap.

Thanks a lot in advance!

woah someone actually using slides

I see a lot of people like the export to PPT feature. Any update on when we can expect this must-have feature (at least for me haha)?

2 Likes

Hey @Dennis_Weisscher,

No exact timeline to provide right now from the team, but we’ll let you know if we ever hear from the Slides team on its progress.

1 Like

We have a lot of customers who need our files in PPT format, please.

1 Like

+1 to everything here. I got excited and dove in for a couple of hours and then tried to export->import into Google Slides. Love the experience so far, but the limited export options makes this DOA for me and my teams.

Indeed, it is a powerful tool, but the ability to export directly to .ppt would be a game-changer for teams like yours. It would streamline collaboration with external clients and make sharing decks much easier. Hopefully, Figma considers adding this feature soon!

1 Like