Allow Connector lines to connect layers within component instances

It seems that FigJam connector lines copied over to Figma treat all component instances as if they were ‘flat’ objects. This means that connector lines won’t snap to any layers within a component instance (but will snap to layers inside the main component).

There is a workaround (holding Cmd key when dragging) but the connector line won’t snap unless the top-level component is detached.

What could be useful for many wireframing tasks is being able to connect specific layers within component instances (as component instances are helpful in making flows more digestible for colleagues and testers)

Here’s a graphic trying to explain where the issue lies:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

SUPER RELEVANT TOPIC. How can I make wireframes with my own components if I can’t connect the arrows to it’s child layers. This is a must have for any sort of wireframing within Figma.

4 Likes

Was there ever a resolve to this? I’m trying to create a wireframe whereby once you click a layer (button) then a pop up window appears but I cannot seem to connect layers. Only components to components on different boards.

1 Like

A resolution to this issue would be great. :slightly_smiling_face: