Add Connector Lines to Design files

Currently, if you copy + paste a figjam flow into a Design file, the Connector Lines stay fully functional – they stretch and adapt as you move their origins and destinations around the canvas, and you can move their origins and destinations to your frames, components, etc.

I’ve been using this to show user flows within my UI designs, not only for ease of sharing with other teammates (no need to give in-depth walkthroughs), but also for easily identifying missing states within a flow.

It would be great if a) the Connector Line was added as a tool to Figma Design, or b) basic lines and pen vectors had the option to act as connector lines – attaching to anchor points on objects and components, scaling when the endpoints were moved, and able to be adjusted with mid-line handles.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Currently, if you copy + paste a Connector from a FigJam into a Design file, the Connector Lines stay fully functional – they stretch and adapt as you move their origins and destinations around the canvas, and you can move their origins and destinations to your frames, components, etc.

I just want to have a tool for drawing them without having to copy and paste them all over the design file when wanting to use a connector for showing flows and direction and being able to shift componenets without having to then adjust the arrows as well.

6 Likes

I love this idea. But I don’t think Figma will do it because they want us to use FigJam for that feature…

1 Like