Ability to control file size on export without plugins

Problem
As a designer exporting assets for web development it’s frustrating having to either export with no control over the file size and reduce later in photoshop, or pay for an image compressing plugin that is helpful, but exports as zip files so the file management gets messy quick.

Solution
Have more expansive export settings e.g. slider for image quality and file size calculated in real time with slider - similar to photoshop.

Might just be me but I sorely need this functionality, especially during the rapid part of a project which is the design to developer hand over. Does anyone else have this problem? :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Was this ever resolved? I landed here from a google search… How is image optimization at export not a default built in feature of Figma? Are there any free alternatives?

I’m probably going to just switch back to Sketch.

2 Likes

Not really, I don’t understand why this is not a built in feature too, it’s a basic functionality present on any other design tool.

Completely twisted to think of creating an integrated voice chat feature when you can’t compress the exports… At this time our workflow is to export then compress assets with Photoshop or TinyPNG, just writing it I realize how stupid it is…

2 Likes

I absolutely agree. There needs to be a native feature to compress/optimize image assets for the web within Figma. It’s weird knowing that Figma doesn’t have this feature in-built up till now.

A request to Figma to please integrate such a feature as quickly as possible to streamline our workflow.

1 Like

Hi @Figma_Support please can you share an update on this. That will be great. Thanks.

3 Likes

Absolutely, this is insane. Figma it’s a prototype software but it doesn’t allow you to output for production. Tiny Image is ridiculously expensive. It costs the same as the basic Webflow plan.

So Figma guys, please, this is crucial! Right now I have to export all the images from Photoshop or Illustrator, which has artboards and can export for screens.

3 Likes

Figma? Any updates?..

1 Like

Hey Figma Team! Totally suprised that theres no quality settings in exporting JPGs. Please take this up! (actually, I saw a blog article that said it was there as “Export as” option, but dont see that either.

article that says you can change quality. FYI

That site is total garbage and just an SEO machine - they somehow got highly ranked in Google and seem to create posts with totally inaccurate content. Literally 100% of the posts I have seen from them when Googling have zero accuracy with regard to any of the tools and processes in Figma. Avoid.