1080p TV Frame

The default TV frame for prototyping is 1280x720 or 720p. My team does a lot of TV application design and we always design at 1920x1080, which is the resolution of a 1080p TV. Would it be possible to add this very common resolution option to the default frames? Right now it feels a little hacky that we can use a default frame and get devices for Mobile and Web, but we can’t for TV.

1 Like

Not sure why the TV preset is that size, but try looking in “Presentation”

1 Like

100% agreed. I was excited when I saw I could show my prototype with a TV frame. But it’s pretty much useless since my whole team designs our TV app at full HD resolution (1920x1080).

I’m getting ready to conduct a usability test on a new design where instead of using a TV remote, I’m asking the participants to use the arrow keys on their keyboard. I really want to get them in the mindset of using a remote (i.e. the keyboard) instead of their mouse. I thought the TV frame in the prototype would really help.

Hey DavidDDX. It looks like you’re talking about preset frame sizes. Matt_Dunn is talking actually about Prototype Settings.

I really wish to have this TV frame option with 1080P in the near future.
Thank you for bringing up this idea!!