Why variables may not be displayed in separate files, for developers?

Developers have only “View” access. In some files they see colour names variables, in others see only hex. Why colour variables may not be displayed?

1 Like

Hi @nikitinai, Thanks for getting in touch! I totally understand how this issue could be causing some confusion.

Could you provide us with a bit more detail about the problem? Are you referring to the property panel when a layer with a color variable applied is selected?
If so, I tried to replicate this on my end with viewer access, but both the hex code and the variable name are showing up as expected.
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 10.44.01

Could you please let your developers try using both the desktop and browser apps to see if the issue occurs on either platform?
Are your developers encountering this issue in a specific color variables?

Could you please share a quick video recording or screenshots of the issue?
It would be helpful to have the entire Figma screen visible, including the left and right panels showing the properties and layers, and expanding the relevant layers in both the viewer experiencing the issue and the editor of the same file.
Also, if you could go to the main variable collection, then click the Edit variable icon to open its editing modal, that would be fantastic.

This will allow our community to see exactly what you’re seeing and help us determine if the issue can be replicated.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon! If I’ve missed anything, don’t hesitate to let me know. And remember, our community is full of folks with great insights and suggestions, so feel free to chime in!

Thanks,