Variable color previews aren't showing up when selecting color

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 4.07.46 PM

When I’m selecting a color variable the previews aren’t showing even though my library is enabled and I’ve already tried restarting Figma and my computer? I’m also not on Figma beta

Hey @Nancy_Liu – are you on the desktop app? If so, can you try clearing your app cache if you haven’t yet?

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 10.37.13 AM

@ksn Thanks! I cleared the cache of the desktop app but the color previews are still not showing, I only have the names listed

Thanks @Nancy_Liu - sorry for the delay!

EDIT: I originally mentioned I’d reach out to support – I’m going to file a bug ticket with engineering instead, and will get back to you when I get an update.

@Nancy_Liu just got a ticket filed! Would you be able to provide me a copy of the library/file[s] that use your color variables? This would be helpful to see if we can replicate.

If possible, please share edit access to a copy with support-share@figma.com and let me know once you’ve done that – you won’t be charged for this, and this is the official support alias for us to be able to test files.

If you can’t share, no worries! I’ll still update you when I hear anything.

@ksn Hey I’ve just sent the library to you! Let me know if there are any issues :slight_smile:

Hi all,

The designers on my team are unable to view the color thumbnails. I attached a screenshot.

It appears to be an issue with only the variables, but it works locally on the Color file.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 10.09.00 AM

@Tyler_Nishida It sounds like your topic is similar to this one, so I’ve merged them together. I see you have a support ticket opened up, which is perfect. One thing though: can you also share edit access to the file your screenshot originates from with support-share@figma.com?

Let me know once you’ve done that.

EDIT: @Nancy_Liu – thank you! I followed up with you via PM to grab more info.

Thank you @ksn! Nancy and I work on the same team. I’ve shared edit access to the email you provided. Also, cool last name! :raised_hands:

1 Like

You’re the best, thank you! I got it over to someone on the engineering team that is reiviewing. Now will update you when I hear anything.

Also, it is a GREAT last name.

2 Likes

Quick update: I’ve got an engineer and members that work on our design systems that are looking at this. They are currently digging into the files you shared, and I’m waiting on more guidance.

Thank you for your patience :pray:t2:

1 Like

Hey all - so I got an update last week (didn’t see it until today because of the weekend), but an engineer working on this mentioned the following:

[Unfortunately] unable to repro in the “Colors” duplicate, and I am unable to try to repro in the first file since I don’t have access to the library that the variables are in (I see an empty picker). If we can get access to the file that defines these variables, that would be a great help."

Could you also provide some network logs? I can send those as well – the engineer mentioned that would be helpful to reference.

You can do this by going to help > save network log

Hey! I just sent the network log attachment in an email to support-share@figma.com!

Thank you for your efforts, appreciate it :slight_smile:

ACK! Sorry @Nancy_Liu --can you actually send it to me as an attachment in a PM? The support-share alias is used strictly for reviewing files, and your message will likely have bounced. Sorry about that!

hi @ksn, Thanks for your help!

I just invited support-share@Figma to two files: our Color Library (not the duplicate) and a design file (just in case you need to see a production file).

Also, I will PM you the logs! thanks again

1 Like