Troubles with Figma Agent

Hi community!
I have a problem with FigmaAgent on my browser Figma, it doesnt get my local fonts. But if I install the old version of Figma Font Helper, all fonts will work again, but then it is automatically updated to FigmaAgent and the fonts stop working.

Windows 10
Chrome browser

4 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue. I have to reinstall the agent and restart the browser a couple of times in order to get it work. It doesn’t matter wich browser I’m using, Chrome, Edge…

Windows 10

Do you have found any solutions?

Nevermind, I just found a solution in this thread for my issue.

The Figma agent must be set to start on launch. I did it through CCleaner (Tools > Startup), but there must be a way to set it through the Windows settings.

And there’s no need to reboot your computer after it to make it work, just go to the figma agent folder, and run the figma_agent.exe. The folder must be in a path similar to this:
“C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\FigmaAgent”.

In your case, I would try to stop the agent and restart it manually and see if that works…

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Sorry for the long time to reply - it doesnt notify…

:bowling: @Juvili_H.M Thanks for the solution.

I have found a way to add the Figma agent to your StartUp apps on Windows. The process is quite long but I am happy to share.

To begin,

• Download the latest Figma Agent (Font Installer) and install It.

• Once installed, you need to find the file location. To find the file location easily, hit Windows logo key+ R to open the Run app.

• Type “%localappdata%” and click okay. This should take you to this similar path ("C:\Users\yourpcusername\AppData\Local")

• Locate the Figma Agent folder and open it. You should see the “Figma_agent.exe” file (similar path: “C:\Users\yourpcusername\AppData\Local\FigmaAgent\Figma_agent.exe”).

• With the file location open, press the Windows logo key + R , type shell:startup , then select OK . This opens the Startup folder.

• Copy and paste the "Figma_agent.exe" file from the file location to the Startup folder.

• To confirm if the file has been added, open your Windows settings, and head to Apps>> Startup, you should see the Figma Agent in the list of startup apps. Make sure to turn on the toggle for the Figma agent.

• Open Figma on your browser and it should work. If it doesn’t, you might need to restart your PC.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like