Figma Support Forum

Spell Check

Please add/enable the ability to spell check and natively see misspelled words (red-lining) on text layers. proof-reading is incredibly difficult in Figma.

Adobe has a preference toggle that can turn on dynamic spell checking. This would work great.

3 Likes

Would be cool if they could just extend the text fields to the browser so we could use the browser’s built-in spellcheck (or a plug-in like Grammerly).

6 Likes

@Aalok_Trivedi @Djame_Goldston There are plug-ins like Grammarly for Figma. Here are some links below:

1 Like

Thanks Hunter. I was trialing Spellchecker and didn’t like the limitation of layer only spell checking. Trying SPELLL now.

Spell checking is an absolute must for a design tool and should be included in the price — sorry to Extension authors filling the gap for now — your work is much appreciated, but this feature is needed as table stakes in the product itself.

5 Likes

Every other app I use has native spellcheck built in! Come on Figma! Even as I’m typing into this text box on the web spelling misstakes are underlined in red.

These plugins that require me to manually run a script to see if I’ve made any typos are not the same as having native spellcheck built in!!

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 8.44.20 AM|690x115

2 Likes

I was amazed this was not within Figma as standard. It is now a given that dynamic spell checking should be within design software. Figma can you please put this to the top of your roadmap to sort?

2 Likes

Indeed, I use Grammerly on a regular basis and it helps out a lot. I feel like it should have been built in Figma in the first place though, since most design related apps have it. Those that deal with text mostly (Clip Studio Paint does not have one but that’s a little bit different since it’s not good with text)

This would be extremely helpful! Even if somehow Grammarly would work on it would be fantastic. It’s so easy to make mistakes across a large amount of frames and not realise until it’s too late.