SOLVED / Color switch: How to keep All Libraries open as default view?

After the updates, switching colors for me is a pain, as now it does not keep “All Libraries” as a default view anymore, every time I switch a color I have to select → choose a library or local or All libraries… It is such a pain. What is going on? Is there a way to keep All libraries open at all times?

I would assume it should remember the last selection, but no, it’s based on the color that was on it in the first place.

Tbh, such a change in UX should really be considered better, I wonder which genius thought it was a better idea to limit user’s view to only 1 library by default… :melting_face:

14 Likes

I just encountered this colour issue too. Shouldn’t “All Libraries” be a default view?

5 Likes

it’s driving me crazy, switching colors to try out design is now a massive pain @.@

4 Likes

@Figma_Support please revert this! It’s also driving me insane.

I often work in kind of a draft mode, not a 100% perfect product world with all styles set at all times.

6 Likes

Hello Community, hi @Van_Nguyen, I was thinking that he was a problem on my side, It’s very painful to work with many librairies. Please @Figma_Support Fix it.

7 Likes

Same for me. I would much prefer All Libraries as the default. Or a way to set it as the default. I’m having to do lots of extra clicks just to set colors.

4 Likes

@Figma_Support Can please keep the old one I am also hating this.

4 Likes

Please fix this, it has been such a pain to support a major version upgrade of our design system with new atomic level elements with this setting being removed. Please make it possible for All Libraries to default or allow me to set it that way @Figma_Support

2 Likes

Hi all,
Thank you for your feedback, we hear you! :slight_smile: Our engineering team is working on a fix to default to all librairies. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
A fix has been deployed. Please refresh your tab.
If you are still having issues, please let us know by filling this form: here
Thank you!

3 Likes

Massive thanks for fixing this issue so fast. I hope such a change in UX will be considered more carefully in the future (unless it was a bug). It is a small thing but it affects workflow dramatically. Thank you again!

2 Likes

Is this broken again? I just downloaded Figma on a new computer and am running into this issue. The Custom tab is open by default whenever I pick a color and I have to click the Library tab each time.

1 Like

Hey Stephen, not that we’re aware of!

Sorry to hear you’re still having issues. This was a specific library bug that we deployed a fix for back in August.

Please reach out to the support team directly via this form for help: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Be sure to use your Figma account email, include a screen recording or a link to an affected file, and share it with support-share@figma.com so they can take a closer look.

1 Like