Slow loading files and everything connected with figma servers

Hi! Everything works well on local, but each time when I trying renew component, change a color to another color from library or open file I face with very slow connection to server.

It dramatically slows my work. And my colleagues too. We are waiting for few minutes(!) to open a file.

We are all installed newest versions of app (98&13, 98.14) — nothing changed

Asking for help

Thanks

3 Likes
1 Like

In our case everything was much much better not long ago. Only sometimes I watched a little lag between I choose style and moment when it applies. But now it takes a minutes or doesn’t work!

1 Like

We’ve been having the exact same problem for over a week now. Prototypes also work badly, they take a long time to load and often text layers are simply not displayed.

It would be better to improve performance, instead of making new features. Our team can’t work with figma now.

2 Likes

Same problem with the mac app

Same on our side. We keep getting this darkened screen with a loading indicator
Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 9.58.44 AM

1 Like

Facing a similar issue on Windows 10 Figma desktop app. Navigating to other parts of the app while a file is getting ready to open makes Figma hang and a dialog box appears asking either Close the app or Wait for the app to respond.

What could be the exact reason for this issue?
Is it because of the file itself being huge or a lot of files on my Figma app?

I have the same.
Just opening a designer file, with quite some images, was blazing fast before.
Now i have to wait like a full minute for everything to load in.
Something has changed and should be reverted/improved - the advantage of speedy editing/loading/saving now is completely lost.

1 Like

Seeing images take 30 seconds plus to load in and then some more time to rez up. Whole app feeling very slow and sluggish. Something definitely is affecting performance badly.

2 Likes

Same here, images before were loaded in couple of seconds. Now they need couple of minutes or even they don’t load. Can’t find any solution.

Also has been a problem for some of our teams that use a large number of images. Hoping to find a solution.

i get that way to often, too.

Same here. Completely doing my head in.

1 Like

Starting to lag for me to use components, colors and text from the library. Constantly having to refresh if I take 5 or 6 things out of the library.

It’s the normal Adobe effect…nothing to worry about :rofl: