Scroll-to interaction not working

Here’s a link to the prototype that presents the bug in question

I cannot make either the main component nor the child of the component ‘scroll to’ top nor bottom.

My goal is to have a parent component with interchangeable content in the middle, with two buttons for scrolling to top and bottom, so that when I make child components and change the content in the middle the functionality of scrolling to top and bottom still works.

When I’m using just frames for everything, then everything works fine.
But, as soon as I make a component the ‘scroll to’ buttons stop working.

I also tried making the content height ‘hug’, but the behaviour doesn’t change.

Why doesn’t ‘Scroll to’ interaction on buttons ‘Top’ and ‘Bottom’ work?

4 Likes

Same problem here. I also encounter this when I try to make an affter-delay animation with scroll-to interaction.
When I detach the instance(make it into normal frame), the scroll-to works fine. But the original component just doesn’t seem to react to scroll to interaction.

1 Like

Also have the problem. If you examine the component and want to reconnect the functions with “scroll-to” this is also not possible, because you can not select the layers. Seems to be a bug to me. If it is not inside a component, scroll-to works fine.
I built a media carousel component with the function, which unfortunately has to be detached every time before it works.

2 Likes

Same here. I am trying to make some After delay “scrolls to” for a component with vertical scroll enabled. When the component is embedded into a frame it should showcase automatical scrolling in a card to a specific content. If the component itself is launched in a presentation, it works, but embedded in a frame, not.
I am not sure if this is a bug or by design?

Hey All, sorry to hear this is happening. Please reach out to the support team directly via this form for help: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Be sure to use your Figma account email, include a link to the file, and share it with support-share@figma.com, so they can take a closer look.