Resizing/Scaling for Widgets

ok im embarassed to ask this
but can i scale a widget?

i found a widget i really like - i want to use it
but its really small and doesnt fit my design frame

i hit K for scale but its not doing anything
am i really dumb - or is it just widgets dont scale??

1 Like

That’s right, Figma/FigJam doesn’t allow you to scale widgets manually. The only way is to contact the widget developer and suggest adding a resizing feature.

1 Like

Dang, thats too bad! There are a few widgets that could improve from scaling. I’m not a developer/coder at all so this might also be a dumb question…but is it possible to build a widget…that scales widgets?

Neither plugins nor widgets can scale other widgets.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying!

Hi,

is there any way to enable resizing for Figma Widgets like you can with Regular Figma Nodes?
I would like to use the width and height of an widget for further logic inside one of my plugin.

Greets,
Gregor

2 Likes

I aslo came across this question, it would be great if we could allow users to resize widgets…

3 Likes

I too think they should be resizable or, at least, one could opt for a fixed or responsive layout :slight_smile:

+1 for resizing widgets

1 Like

i just started using figma and widgets not being resizeble is furastrating

1 Like

I agree. This definitely needs to be an option.

For a design tool, unable to resize is just embarrasing! You want design? but can’t resize? what kind of design can be done without properly sizing?? lol

1 Like

It’s February 2024, is the resizing feature still not available? Seems to embarrassing to ask but why did someone develop widgets but don’t allow resizing? Is there some technical reason?

3 Likes

+1 it’s frustrating

I vote for the ability to resize widgets. This is my first day on FigJam and already losing interest in widgets due to this problem.