Replacing an image within a component

Hi,

Is there a way to replace an image within an instance of a component? I have a master component of a modal window with a placeholder for an image, but I’m not sure how to replace that placeholder with the image I want. Pasting or dragging the new image in the layers panel doesn’t work.

1 Like

You need to upload the image as a fill.
https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041090073-Upload-an-image-as-a-fill

Thanks, the image I’m trying replace is actually an icon created in Figma, so technically it’s a group of shapes. Is there a different way to do this?

1 Like

In this case you shouldn’t use images (since the object isn’t even an image). Use components: Figma Tutorial: Components - Swapping and States - YouTube

I have some screenshots/images in my file, and I now want to use them in a component. As far as I see the only way to change the image within an instance is to upload from your computer? So I have to manually export the images that are already in the Figma file only to upload them again? :thinking:

3 Likes

No. There are answers in this thread: Figma Basics - How to override image in instance - #4 by Gleb

This topic was automatically closed after 44 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.