Publishing a plugin update with SSO not two-factor

I’m trying to publish an bugfix update of our plugin, and the Publish plugin window displays the error “Please enable two-factor authentication to publish this plugin”. Our company uses SSO, and does not have two-factor enabled.

The support page at https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042293394-Publish-a-plugin-to-the-Community says

You need to have two-factor authentication enabled to publish plugins, including publishing updates to existing plugins. You won’t need to use two-factor authentication if you sign in to Figma via SAML SSO or Google SSO.

But I can’t find any further information about how to publish the update without enabling two-factor.

This sounds like a bug. Reach out to Figma support via support@figma.com or Submit a request – Figma so they can look into this issue with your account.

Thanks @Gleb - I will.

@Eric_Wright I ran into the same issue and have reached out to support. I’m curious if, in your case, it eventually ended up being resolved without support correcting things on their end.