Presenter Notes

I love using Figma for my slide decks but I miss having my notes while in presentation mode. If I could have similar functionality I would adopt Figma as my slide deck tool 100%!

26 Likes

I second this! The best work-around I’ve found is turning on Comment mode while presenting by pressing C. My speakernotes are c/p’ed into a note on each wireframe, and I tuck the bubble into the bottom right corner, even though it’s invisible when not in comment mode anyway.

3 Likes

I’d love presenter’s notes to be added as a feature.

4 Likes

I second this. I certainly don’t want Figma to turn into another Keynote, however presentation mode is there for a reason — to present your ideas effectively. Effective presentation means not forgetting what you wanted to talk about, not having to write down stuff you already have in Figma on a paper or not trying to remember what you put on that next slide… If presentation in Figma is supposed to be actually effective, not just a nice side feature, it definitely needs presenter notes (along with next slide preview).
BTW, got my two extensive presentations designed in Figma now. But I will end up exporting the screens and presenting them from elsewhere just because I can’t afford any presentation hiccups…

5 Likes

Super important feature

3 Likes

Would love to see this feature! I love making presentations in Figma over other traditional tools and feel this is the only thing missing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

With these new power added to Figmas’ prototyping engine, I believe, If a product is rightly prototyped, there is no need for notes.

It will speak for itself

Plus: there is comments perfectly managed to put hidden notes and open them up when needed

This concept of presenter notes is not about prototyping product mockups.

It is for creating a presentation or slideshow, like you would with Microsoft PowerPoint or Apple’s Keynote.

3 Likes

How do you view & read your comments without the audience seeing them as you move through the slides?

1 Like

The suggestion is centered around the use case of creating presentations in Figma. It’s an important use case for my team because we like our research presentations to be page in our design files so it’s inline with our work and for reference. We also need to present our research to other who won’t be digging in the design file so using the prototype side to go through the presentation like a slide deck works but it lacks the presenters notes which help the present make sure they’re hitting key points as they present.

2 Likes

I’m supprised and how few votest this is getting. I would LOVE presenter notes. Then I can use Figma for everything

4 Likes

Have an option or a way to see/add presentor notes on presentations. Would be really really helpful for presentations!

2 Likes

You could set up something similar just by opening up another window

While it’s possible to use Figma for presentations, that is not its main purpose and I would hate for it to evolve into something it’s not meant to be.
I.e. the feature you’re asking for would clash with its current feature set.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Yeah this would be really cool. Specially when sharing preview link to client, so we can add a little bit of contexte.

This would be an amazing feature to have. I’ve been interviewing for jobs recently and conduct all my portfolio presentations in Figma. Having speaker notes corresponding to each slide would be a big help for calling out key talking points, metrics, etc., and keeping the timing on track in general.

1 Like

Yes, I would definitely use this feature!

Over a year later… would still love to see this feature! Last year I was longing to have presenter notes for my portfolio/case study presentations while job searching, and now as a DS Designer… it’s still something that would be incredibly valuable in my day to day saving me heaps of time. :slight_smile:

Right now the options are: export Figma slides as images and add to Google Slides, have the notes up in another screen and hope you don’t lose track, use the Pitchdeck plugin that’s pretty close but not quite as flexible as it could be, or present with no speaker notes.

Hey All, thank you for the feedback and apologies for the lack of acknowledgement!

We hear you. This is definitely on our team’s radar, but we don’t have an exact timeline we can provide just yet. Feel free to keep an eye out on our future releases.

1 Like