Overriding text in updated components

Hello, I am UI Designer Gøril from Oslo, Norway! :wave:

I‘ve got another question for you! :nerd_face: In our Design System, we’ve got accordions which in an active state have different kinds of content, including text.

Designers using the accordion components, naturally have non-identical content depending on the project they’re working on.

The question is: I have just modified our accordion components, but when the designers update to the latest version, the content they have individually placed there disappears. What can we do to avoid this?

What do you mean by “modified”? Deleted the text layer and added a new one? Or something else?

By “disappears” do you mean that the text content is reset to the default content (as in a component)?

Does the collapsed accordion variant have a hidden text layer?

Hello @tank666, and many thanks for your quick reply! :blush: Here are my answers to your questions:

1. Yes, I have deleted the text layer and added a new one (Guess that wasn’t very wise of me!)

2. Yes

3. No (Guess the wasn’t very wise either!)

Each layer has its own unique ID. By deleting a layer and adding a new one, the layer IDs will no longer match between the library objects and the design file objects, which is why the overrides are reset.

This also affect resetting overrides.

I see. Note to self, then.
Many thanks for the feedback :blossom: