Hello Figma community,
I’m currently working on a Figma plugin (like auto flow, draw,…)where I aim to create lines that remain attached to objects and dynamically update their positions in real-time as the objects are moved by the user. My goal is to achieve a smooth and interactive experience where the lines seamlessly follow the objects’ movements.
However, I’ve encountered a challenge with Figma’s plugin environment. It seems that there are limitations regarding real-time mouse tracking and continuous event handling, which makes it challenging to implement this feature as desired.
- I want to create lines that stay attached to objects.
- These lines should update their positions in real-time as the objects are moved.
- Ideally, I’d like to achieve this without manual user intervention (e.g., clicking a button to update the lines).
- I’ve attempted to use mousemove events to track object movements, but this approach doesn’t work as expected due to Figma’s limitations.
- Is it currently possible to achieve real-time object-to-line attachment in a Figma plugin?
- Are there any best practices or alternative approaches to address this issue?
- Have there been any recent updates or features in Figma’s plugin environment that could enable this kind of real-time interactivity?
I would greatly appreciate any insights, guidance, or solutions that the Figma community can provide on this matter. Your expertise and assistance would be invaluable in helping me create a more interactive and user-friendly Figma plugin.
Thank you for your time and assistance!
Best regards, ramin