'memory access out of bounds' when calling exportAsync

I’m working on a plugin for exporting parts of pages. These export then is downloadable as a zip file. I’ve got it all working well. But when I check the console i constantly see thge next message appear:
jsvm-cpp.wasm:0x23106 Uncaught (in promise) RuntimeError: memory access out of bounds

Are more people having this error? Is it fixable?

Like I said above, it is working, but I want to get rid off the errors

1 Like

I have such error to. When I am editing TextNodes texts in cycle.
Everything works, but I have this error in console and want to get rid of it.

1 Like

I had this error as well.

I made a test with the most simplest plugin that awaits just a timeout:

export default async () => {
  await new Promise((resolve) => setTimeout(resolve, 1000))
  figma.closePlugin()
}

Same Error:
jsvm-cpp.wasm:0x23106 Uncaught (in promise) RuntimeError: memory access out of bounds

Then i restartet Figma (had it running for quite some days without closing) and the error was gone. So maybe this Error is not a Problem with our Plugins, but with Figma running in trouble after a while. I will check if the error comes back if i don`t exit Figma.

2 Likes

It helped me a lot. I kept thinking it was a code problem, debugging and trying all sorts of await and async methods.

Okay, I was seeing this problem too. I was able to track it down to my bad handling of Promises and promise rejection. So, for me it was a coding problem. Once I started handling promises correctly, wrapping in try-catch, etc. these errors went away!