Low resolution image export problem

Hi,
I have 60 frames with 3200x3200 images(JPG images were imported to Figma) in every one of them. When I select all and export them(JPG), I realized that some images were low resolution. To fix this, I tried to pan all area while in %100 zoom. It fixed, but I guess I could not swipe all areas so there were low res images again but less.

Is there any proper solution for this issue? Because I will send this project to my client and probably they will cry me about low res outputs…

Thank you

It’s possible that the low resolution images were caused by a compression setting in Figma during the export process. To ensure that all images are exported at their maximum resolution, you can try the following steps:

1. Select all frames and go to the Export panel.
  2. In the Export panel, choose the JPG file format and set the export resolution to “Original”.
  3. Check the “Export all” checkbox to export all selected frames.
  4. Choose a destination folder and export your images.

This should export all images at their maximum resolution without any loss of quality. If you still encounter low resolution images after trying these steps, you may need to double-check the original resolution of each image and ensure that they are all the same size before exporting.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your reply.
I can’t find “set the export resolution to “Original”” setting, where is that?

1 Like

I would love to know this as well!

Hi everyone,
If you would like to export a JPG it its original resolution, you will just need to use the scale 1x.

As for the expected outcome for your exports, you can choose to view the preview of the export, which will show you want to expect.

Capture d’écran 2024-01-30 à 12.42.26
For more information on how exports work in Figma, I would recommend checking out our Guide to exports in Figma.

Please also note, that Figma downsizes images with a width or height larger than 4096 pixels. This scales the image’s original dimensions proportionally, so the longest edge is less than 4096 pixels. I’d recommend you to reduce the size of your original image before importing to Figma.
You can read more about images loading here and image design here.

Also, if you are attempting to bulk export images, please try reducing the number of images you are trying to export. I would also suggest when first loading the file allow for it to fully load prior to attempting to export images.
I hope this helps!

Yeah, guys, we are obviously exporting at 1x and getting the fuzzy issue. Mind sorting this out already?

2 Likes