Library vs Component Library vs Style Guide?

Hi Figma peeps!

I am in the middle of a Sketch to Figma design platform migration and I’m trying to work out the best practice for setting up the Team Library, so I would be really grateful for any advice about how best to structure Figma.

Back in Sketch days, the library was really off-limits to anyone other than the design team, so I would often have a component library which would document usage etc. as well as a style guide, either within Sketch or on Zeplin. However, in the transparent world of Figma, I wonder if there is a need to maintain the library, a component library and a style guide or whether the Team Library can be used for all three?

For context, I am working for a charity with only 2 branded entities which are very similar (this may change over the coming months), so I don’t really need multiple libraries for platform, brand etc, just want to make sure the organisation has the best possible foundations which will be scalable and manageable.

All the best,

Marlon

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.