Launched: Creating sections and moving objects easily to sections with 1 click

Since Figma is a great place to do card sorts and organise information, what if there was a way to create an area and turn it into a section? That way, if I had to move a post-it or another object to that section, all I would need to do is click "move to " and presto, the object is moved to that section easily, without having to pan and zoom around the board too many times. This is especially useful if you have a large workshop and lots of ideas to organize.

A bucket for objects? Sounds like a cool idea! Don’t forget to add your own vote to it. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @Sami_Parvez, we just launched a new feature in FigJam called sections! Hopefully this helps solve your use case here. You might still need a plugin/widget to move objects to a new section automatically but hope this is a start!

1 Like

Thanks for the Sections feature!

But one irritating thing is that you can’t give it ‘Hug’ property. This results in screens/frames that has auto layout is being visible outside of the section area. This doesn’t look good, so I have to often manually tickle the sections to hug its content.

My second wish is that you can give sections predefined styles to include: fill, stroke, corner radius. This would also help if you use sections for statuses, which is very manual work to define/set every time for all your sections.

Hope this sounds as good suggestions to include in an update soon.
Thanks! :slight_smile: