Is it possible to rename a library?

Hi,
Is it possible to rename a library after it has been created and shared?
If so, how can i do this, because i can’t find the option?

I am on an enterprise plan, but I am not an admin.

3 Likes

I’m currently trying to action this, and I cannot find the functionality anywhere. It seems very bizarre that this was not built, and it’s pretty frustrating because it’s negatively impacting my workflow :melting_face:

A library is a file. Rename the file and the “library” will also change the name.

Nah, this doesn’t appear to be the case (at least, not in this instance). I don’t have any file under the name of this particular library. I never have, in fact. What it’s doing, is pulling the name I initially had set in my account. I’ve since changed it (over 1 year ago), but have only just realized that this is still fixed in place - and I can’t see a way of amending it. If there’s something I’m missing on my end, I’d definitely appreciate any guidance

When you create an account or a team, Figma automatically creates a library file with such a name. A library can’t exist without a file. Right click on the style, go to the definition. Maybe you’ve moved it somewhere.

Ideally I need the file name and library name to be independent. As our design system has matured I would like to rename some libraries as deprecated, but I don’t want to rename the file.