Figma Plugin menu scrambled / broken?

Hello Community,

is it just on my machine or is everybody seeing this?

My plugin menu used to show the 10 last used plugins and then a sub-menu of all plugins in alphabetical order.

Now there’s only one long list and it totally scrambled. Maybe the plugins are in order of installation, but that’s just a guess. But it’s definitely less useful than before.

Is this a bug or just a temporary hickup or fully intentional? If it’s intentional then please make it at least sorted in alphabetical order, that would help.

Thanks for your input and best regards,
Werner

1 Like

Hey @wgo, sorry for the trouble!

We recently launched the ability to Save resources in the community, which combines Saves & Likes. Plugins are now sorted by Recent & the date they were Saved.

Our team has already been made aware of the desire to have plugins listed alphabetically as an option from the community. We appreciate your feedback and hope to improve the experience keeping this in mind.

The plugins were in alphabetical order earlier. But when Figma placed it in resources it is not in this order.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I find it very hard to locate the needed plugin in the plugin manager window… Seems like they are sorted by the time of their installation but I’m not even sure

Or it would be even better to have a quick search field there…

1 Like

In the most recent Figma update, it looks like plugins were all put into one dropdown menu. Before, it was divided out into recently used plugins, and a separate menu group where saved plugins were listed. But now, recently used plugins and saved plugins are all grouped together in a messy list.

This really sucks in my opinion. For example, when I try out bunch of plugins to see if they work for what I need, they all remain in my dropdown even if I don’t want to use them. Plus, now it’s much harder to find my most used plugins because they are constantly changing position, and I find myself accidentally clicking a wrong plugin with a similar spelling.

I like the idea of making the saved plugins more accessible, but I’d suggest swapping what it was before… make the default, most accessible plugins your saved plugins, and your recently used plugins in the separate dropdown group.

3 Likes

Actually, I liked it the way it was before: first thing you see in the dropdown are your 10 last-used plugins, sorted in recently-used order. Then you have a sub-menu for ALL your saved plugins, sorted in alphabetical order. I often use the same handful of plugins so the “recent” section was perfect for that. What did Figma consider wrong about that? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

when are we fixing this issue? is really annoying and hard to use.

Figma you should know better.

2 Likes

Hey @Michel_Velis,

The team is already building out and testing the spec!

It’s only been 6 working days, so we appreciate your patience while we continue to work on the fix. :pray:

2 Likes

In the meanwhile, is there a workaround? I have the same problem as [wgo]. It’s driving me nuts.

1 Like

Same here… Please… :pray:

At least let us remove old/unwanted plugins from the menu

Hey @CB_Loeb,

You can remove any unused plugins by clicking the flag icon:

Thanks for restoring the previous plugin menu. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Really? How lucky you are! I still see the infinite list… :frowning: Is there something I can do to restore the previous menu? (last update already installed) Thank you

Hmm, it just happened be – maybe they haven’t rolled it out everywhere at the same time? I’m based in Europe and using the macOS desktop app, version 116.12.2.

Recently, the list of plugins looks like this (image). They are not even sorted alphabetically! It’s terribly inconvenient! How do I get the old list view back? When 10 of the most popular are visible at once, and a separate menu opens for the rest???

1 Like

Yes! I am suffering the same issue… what’s going on? How to fix it? Thanx :slight_smile:

Hi all, sorry for the trouble!

We recently launched the ability to Save resources:

in the community, which combines Saves & Likes. Plugins are now sorted by Recent & the date they were Saved.

Our team has already been made aware of the desire to have plugins listed alphabetically as an option from the community. Our team is already working on a plugin sorting fix - stay tuned!