Figma Mirror is not working on iOS 16

Neither the app nor the browser view work on iOS 16.

19 Likes

Since I updated to the IpadOs 16 beta I can no longer view the projects in figma. I enter my account without problems but it does not view the projects. I tried it in Safari, Chrome, Firefox and from the Ipad App and I can’t see the projects

2 Likes

Same. Figma, Figjam doesn’t work in app or safari. It keeps saying file is too big.

3 Likes

Same here and can’t use mirror anymore. It also says file is too big and can’t load prototype whenever opening the file on mirror. Pls fix this error ASAP the team!!

Confirmed ;(

1 Like

I can’t use it on iOS 16 dev beta. I confirmed the message “This frame can’t be opened on mobile”

Same issue here :confused:

Hi all, we’re aware of this issue and it seems to be a bug on the Apple side. We’ve informed them of this and are hopeful it will be fixed in an upcoming release.

3 Likes

Hopes were not justified (((

2 Likes

same here, Will be moving protopie or other alternatives soon. Keep getting issues with Figma

1 Like

Seems like it’s affecting any Figma file that I try to open on iOS 16 including prototypes, Figma files and Figjam files.

Still a problem with iOS 16 Beta 3 and the newest Figma version … think it’s time for a alternative

1 Like

I have this bug too using ios 16 but the figma team are not reply anything about this, i think that we need some help or clarity at least with this bug.

Guys — there is no guarantee that any app is going to work as expected beta versions of apple’s operating systems. You’re really going to switch to an entirely different platform because the companion app isn’t working on an operating system you’re running months before it’s official release? Yikes.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree. Even though I really want to update to iOS 16 and am sad that it does not work currently, these people need to understand that iOS 16 is a beta, and a developer beta, the most unstable builds possible. It isn’t Figma’s fault, otherwise, it wouldn’t be working on current iOS versions. But I do find it strange that even though Figma mirror is basically just a web view of the page Figma Mirror, somehow it does not work.

Apple has made some major changes to webview which have blocked loading for both the mobile app and mobile browser (and iPad) on iOS 16.

3 Likes

Got it, thanks for the explanation :grin:

1 Like

Need an update on this soon! Figma not working on iOS 16 is so frustrating.

1 Like

guys, just remember, figma mirror did not work in any beta version of ios) this is a tradition

2 Likes

Hi all, we believe Apple has fixed this and we’re hopeful this will be a part of Developer Beta 4. Sadly we don’t have an exact timeline for this change though.

10 Likes