Figma library doesn't update

When i click Update all, nothing happens.
I cant use the component either, then it gives me an error with "Cannot read properties of bull (reading ‘fileUpdateRequired’)

Anyone knows how to fix this?

2 Likes

Can you give it another go through browser? Specifically with chrome - if you have.

Already did :frowning:

I have a similar issue. I have a Library file, and when I pull some components from it on another file, it also says “Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘fileUpdateRequired’”. I have pushed all the necessary updates from the Library, there’s nothing left to update. I use the desktop app, my Internet connection is stable. I reproduced the same problem on a colleague’s computer.

Anyone can help us fix this?

1 Like

I figured out if you open the Library Figma file and just use CMD+C and the CMD+V in the file where you want to use the component it fixes the issue. But only for that specific component. I have 300 components… Sooo, this is more like a quickfix… I guess the error happened after the last update

1 Like

I had the same issue but I think one of the following fixed it:

• Making an arbitrary change in the library file and publishing/accepting updates again
  • Removing a component with a duplicate name from the library file

My guess is the first one that fixed it.

1 Like

I just had the exact same error showing up.
After making some more random changes to the problematic component - it now works again.

So thanks @James_Mitchell and I’ll just confirm that your first suggestion worked for me too

Same bug happened to me.
The change i did in my file was to add a variant to a component that had none initially.
I removed the variant from the set and placed it back in, updated and published and that did the trick.
Really weird bug

2 Likes

This one worked for me. I just did cut, paste the same variant in same place. Thanks @Achille_Perrin

1 Like

Just commenting to +1 this issue (don’t see any other way to do that)

FileUpdateRequired: Can’t put instances on the canvas
2022-11-29 3.25.00 PM

OK, this was solved by re-publishing the library.

I’m experiencing this exact problem. It just started happening after the latest patch.

Anybody found a solution?

Just chiming in here that I’m experiencing this issue. Will re-publish the library and see if that works! Thanks Figma Community!

UPDATE: Just confirming that re-publishing the library solves the problem. Thanks again!