Figma connectors not snapping to objects

Figma connectors are no longer snapping to any objects, i;ve been using them all day and it’s been working fine and suddenly just stopped snapping to any object

This also just happened to me! Did you find a solution?

This also happened to me and it was very frustrating until I noticed a transparent object was on a layer above the item I was trying to connect to. Once I locked that/shifted it backwards, I was able to connect to the object I needed. I know this is a later response but I hope this helps someone!

Unforch no resolution, I was able to recover the functionality very randomly (just restarted a few times over a couple days)

Connecting lines are tied only to the center of the figure. This is very inconvenient. Please return the previous functionality.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue. Connector lines won’t move where I want them to go, they randomly fly all over the place have no proper dragging functionality. I can’t snap them to anything that I want to snap to, they just go wherever.

1 Like

I’m having this problem in a huge way and I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. It’s infuriating! Where are some good resources on how much you can do with layers? Is there a limit to how many you can have? I suspect my excessive layering is the problem with my inability to connect my objects in the huge flowchart file I’ve created for doing genealogy work.

Hey @Gulya_Arabova,

To place the end point of a line on any part of an object (and avoid the snapping the line to the side of the object), you can hold down ⌘ Command (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows) while moving the line.

1 Like

Hey @Kristin_Ellington, sorry to hear you’re having trouble with connectors!

There isn’t necessarily a limit, but it’s hard to be sure what’s happening without seeing your file. Can you share it with our technical quality team here? https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please use your Figma account email, include a link to the file, and share it with support-share@figma.com, so they can take a closer look.