Tell me more? Or create an example what do you mean. Thanks

1. Opening my file
  2. In my file already
  3. Changing font
  4. Font changed
    ------ Close and Open file or F5 in figma on browser
  5. Apparently font is ok but font is another
  6. When I wanna change text, Font changes too

This definitely sounds like a bug that needs to be reported to Figma support team via the bug report form. Don’t forget to send the link to the file and if you can also record a video of the issue.

1 Like

Not sure if this is the same thing. I opened my files and most of my text changed to ABeeZee font. The font that I use is locally installed on my computer so I am not sure why this happened and I don’t want it to happen again. Please help me prevent this from happening again. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, it happened to me as well. It turns out that my colleague is using this file at the same time, while she doesn’t have the font I used in this file, so guided by the font warning prompt she changed to her local font to be able to edit, without noticing that the whole font system used in this file is amended.

2 Likes

@Emma_Zhou This is currently happening with one of our files. How did you solve it?

Hey John,
As a workaround, to resolve conflicting font issues, all editors in the file need to:

Update the font

1. Uninstall and remove the local font from their computer.
  2. Download and install the font from one common source.
  3. Restart the desktop or browser app.

Update affected layers

1. Select a layer using that font.
  2. Open the menu or open the quick actions menu.
  3. Use Select all with same font to select all text layers with that font.
  4. Use Recompute Text Layout in Selection to reset text to the correct formatting.

Hope this helps in the meantime!

Hi Céline,

Actually the last part didn’t work although I already followed these steps.

What I had to do, was manually dubble click on every text (then it came back to old font) and then edit one letter and then it worked as normal after refreshing the page.

Perhaps this could be reported as a bug? Was really time consuming to do this :sweat_smile:

Glad to hear you have found a temporary fix!
This is odd that you can’t do the second part. I’ve checked internally, and there is no current report on Recompute Text Layout in Selection.
If the issue is still persisting, feel also free to reach out to the support team so they can double check directly with your file and we can better follow up and investigate the root cause, by filling this form: here
(Please use your Figma account email, include a link to the file, and share it with support-share@figma.com) Thank you!