FigJam/Figma: Connector ends don’t remember their direction when placed freely on images/groups/objects

Sometimes you want a connector to start at a specific place on an image, object, or group/frame.

But connectors don’t remember which direction the ends are pointing to/from when you move the objects around.

This makes diagrams and connectors really messy, and sometimes even when I don’t move things, I just load up a Figma design/FigJam and it’s jumbled up again because it isn’t connected to a ‘side’ of a top-level element.

Hi @Daniel_Van_Der_Spuy I tested a few scenarios on my end in FigJam with connectors on images, objects and groups when placing the end points of a line on any part of an object (not snapped to the side) but it maintained the set position and connector direction when those layers were moved around.

Can you maybe try clearing your cache to see if this helps improve anything on your end?

If you are still seeing this issue can you please reach out to the support team directly via this form for help: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Be sure to use your Figma account email, Share a short video reproducing the issue, include the link to your file, and share it with support-share@figma.com so they can take a closer look.